DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Update on when we will receive a new driver? (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=383)

wesbos 07-06-2010 05:51 PM

Update on when we will receive a new driver?

I feel pretty stupid having two monitors that I cant use just sitting on my desk with $200 worth of adapters that make my machine unusable.

When will we see drivers that work with the new macbook pros?

davespice 07-07-2010 02:36 AM

Re: Update on when we will receive a new driver?

Amen, brother. Come on DisplayLink, let's do this. You have a bunch of dissatisfied customers who are about to put the word out on the street that your product is garbage. Make it right, please.

mastahype 07-07-2010 07:12 AM

Same here. I've already suggested they open source the drivers and let the community add support/fix their bugs. I imagine it would also lead to Linux driver support. DisplayLink hasn't seemed to respond to these forums recently. I'd recommend the product to other Mac users I know that need a multi-display setup if it actually worked well enough.

zoemacuser 07-08-2010 02:47 AM

Amen as well... I can't use these drivers without uninstalling them every time I take the MBP on the road, which is too much pain... So a monitor sitting there just staring at me, useless. If this takes much longer, the monitor goes on Kraigslist WITH the adapter.

MCV 07-10-2010 04:33 PM

Back to square one...

It's been a month since anything has been responded to by DisplayLink -- Carlo last responded in mid-June and forget about Wim and Seb. Their last responses were way back in April.

I don't know where Carlo is anymore but as for Wim and Seb, they are both actively participating and responding to questions on the Windows side.

Thanks for all the support, DisplayLink.

mastahype 07-10-2010 09:46 PM

We could always start posting in that forum, they owe us at least some response. This type of deliberate silence is often a sign of avoiding legal repercussions when something is has or is about to happen (i.e dropping Mac support, Mac developers have quit).

wesbos 07-14-2010 06:08 AM

I just submitted this thread to tuaw.com and I suggest everyone here submit their story to similar blogs. Maybe we can get some light shined on the topic and Display Link will have to stop ignoring their customers.

crumby99 07-14-2010 05:47 PM

Waiting on MBP 2010 Compatible Driver.

Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers. If I don't hear an update about progress into fixing this driver issue in a week or two, I'm returning my displaylink adapter and leaving an unflattering review on Amazon. Notifying the tech blogs like TUAW on this debacle will follow.

C'mon guys...could you at least give us a status update? I can understand if you don't have the manpower to support the 2010 mbp, but at least let us know about it. Leaving mbp 2010 owners in the dark is the wrong thing to do; it just makes us angry (and vocal).

-Thanks

daxiang28 07-15-2010 12:56 AM

You know what's also frustrating is that I see that the admins are posting and monitoring this forum. They characteristically ignore any negative comments regarding the driver. We've asked for transparency, updates, etc and have been consistently met with silence. Great PR and great customer service.

moha 07-16-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daxiang28 (Post 1522)
You know what's also frustrating is that I see that the admins are posting and monitoring this forum. They characteristically ignore any negative comments regarding the driver. We've asked for transparency, updates, etc and have been consistently met with silence. Great PR and great customer service.

EXACTLY. WE KNOW YOU SEE THE PROBLEMS, JUST GIVE A SMALL RESPONSE, TELL US YOU'RE WORKING ON MAKING AN UPDATE.

I don't know how many times I've seen responses on the windows boards aswell as seen the lurking from moderators on this one. It pains me to know I bought a product that, while potentially a great product, is a brick right now because I was promised support for my mac, which evidently isnt so.
If Snow Leopard wasn't supported don't BS on the package and say that it is.

Thanks to the lack of help, I have two 26" monitors on my desk, one thats link through the display port and another thats black. You should be damn happy my second monitor can also be a TV. I'd be pissed if it wasn't a tv/monitor....