DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Shaking cursor with EnableGammaRamp = true (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68118)

smmalis37 01-25-2022 12:39 AM

Shaking cursor with EnableGammaRamp = true

I am running Windows 11 version 21H2 (build 22000.438) with DisplayLink version 10.1.2875.0. I have manually gone into my registry and set HKLM\SOFTWARE\DisplayLink\Core\EnableGammaRamp to "true" so that I can have Windows Night Light function correctly. While this does work, it comes with the side effect of my mouse cursor looking absolutely bizarre when it's on a display connected to the DisplayLink adapter. The mouse cursor looks perfectly normal on displays connected to my GPU. Here is a video of the issue I took with my phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqItUXxwAMA. Note that my hand is completely off the mouse during that recording. Disabling the registry key fixes this issue, but then I can't use Night Light. Any suggestions?

AlbanRampon 02-01-2022 07:04 PM

Hello,

I'm afraid that is the reason why the feature is in beta rather than enabled by default.

Can you please share your monitor make and model?
We are revisiting the feature to see if we can address that issue, but I don't have feasibility yet.

Regards,
Alban

smmalis37 02-01-2022 09:25 PM

The monitor connected to the displaylink adapter is a LG 27QN880-B.

AlbanRampon 02-01-2022 09:30 PM

Thanks.
Would you mind trying at 60Hz? It's selectable in advanced monitor settings. I can explain if you don't know where to find that.

smmalis37 02-01-2022 10:17 PM

When connected to the DisplayLink adapter Windows does not give me the option for 75hz, only 60. So I have already tried that.

AlbanRampon 02-01-2022 10:49 PM

Would you please be able to upload logs? The third link in my forum signature shows the tool and steps. Only support personnel will be able to access the attachment.
I'd like to see monitor details (timings), and available modes. I found tests we made a couple of years ago and now understand why 60 Hz has the trembling mouse cursor.

Rwmnau 09-16-2022 07:07 PM

I had this same issue with a shaky cursor once I enabled this flag and it was resolved by moving my refresh rate from 75hz down to 60hz. However, with this flag enabled, my mouse click was registering about one cursor-width left of where I was actually clicking. This only happened on the two external DisplayLink monitors - my internal laptop monitor was file. Removing this flag and unplugging/replugging the dock with the monitors resolved it and now my clicks are accurate again.

Is there a workaround for this issue as part of the flag too? I'd like to enable the night mode on my monitors but these bugs are really odd.

KatarzynaCzaja 10-10-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwmnau (Post 94305)
I had this same issue with a shaky cursor once I enabled this flag and it was resolved by moving my refresh rate from 75hz down to 60hz. However, with this flag enabled, my mouse click was registering about one cursor-width left of where I was actually clicking. This only happened on the two external DisplayLink monitors - my internal laptop monitor was file. Removing this flag and unplugging/replugging the dock with the monitors resolved it and now my clicks are accurate again.

Is there a workaround for this issue as part of the flag too? I'd like to enable the night mode on my monitors but these bugs are really odd.

By flag do you mean registry change for EnableGammaRamp?

If yes, can you please gather logfiles How can I report Windows issues to DisplayLink?

You can use the link povided in the instruction to send us an email or send it to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com. Please make sure to include a short problem description or a link to the thread.