DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   USB-C docks disabled after Displaylink Driver update on our network (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66818)

andyofne 10-11-2019 08:41 PM

USB-C docks disabled after Displaylink Driver update on our network

Displaylink devices being disabled in Windows 10 Device Manager (mostly 1803) after DisplayLink driver update (9.2.2335.0) applied last night.

We have been seeing this all across the country affecting both Dell and HP laptops using USB-C Targus and Humanscale docks.

The dock or DisplayLink device will be present in the device manager but disabled.

It's easy enough to re-enable but the customer cannot do so as they do not have admin rights to open device manager.

I noticed this to a lesser extent in August but today I've probably had 20 machines myself.

gregeusa 10-15-2019 12:08 AM

I have the same thing with the same driver rev. Have a Plugable dock, the one with the 3 video outputs.

Was fine before, now when it goes go sleep and is "awoken" 2 or all 3 of the monitors don't come back. unplugging the dock usually brings back 2 of the 3 monitors, but a reboot is required.

I will try disabling and enabling the driver, perhaps that will work and save a reboot.... real pain in the arse to come back to your desk at work with 4 monitor's worth of windows all crammed on the laptop screen, and having to sort them out and close them before rebooting.

Greg

jprice88 10-16-2019 02:55 PM

Bump

We are having this same issue as well. Displaylink is disabled upon update and we are having to manually re-enable in device manager.

Waiting on a user now to report the problem so we can run the support tool to pull logs.

gregeusa 10-16-2019 04:34 PM

this happens quite often after the system sleeps or does a screen off, it is not a one time thing...

if someone has a tool to capture a log, let me know before I throw the thing though the windows.

Greg

AlbanRampon 10-17-2019 08:15 PM

Hello,

Do you have any error code in Device Manager or in the Events Viewer matching the time?

The tool for logs is the last link of my forum signature.

Regards,
Alban

gregeusa 10-17-2019 10:17 PM

I downloaded the tool and got lots of files, most not in readable format.
The event viewer has a lot of logs, which should I look in?
The device manager indicated an error, and I will get that error to you, I am trying to get work done today, and this is the third time I had to restart my video adapters (disable then re-enable)

Can I send the zip of the displaylink files to you?

Greg

AlbanRampon 10-18-2019 10:13 AM

Greg,
Yes, the zip created by the tool is great, please.
Regards,
Alban

sgkean 10-28-2019 03:44 PM

We just updated over 65K laptops from DL 8.5 to 9.2. We've started to see this issue as well. Did anything get submitted regarding this for a resolution?

gregeusa 10-28-2019 03:54 PM

Well, finally a new release from Microsloth... and I had been hammering their feedback system on how bad the last 2 releases were.

This AM, no issues with my 4 monitor system that was showing the issue.

build 1903 19008.1000

I had the issues with build 1903 19001 and 19002 ....

So have to point the finger at Microsoft for this one...

Anyway, I am back on track without my monitors connecting and disconnecting.

Greg

mwe 11-06-2019 11:36 AM

Same issue here. Using Win 10 (1809) with different USB-A and USB-C docks. Just reached 100k installations upgrading from DisplayLink 9.0.1809.0 to 9.2.2220.0. On some clients DisplayLink device is present in the device manager but disabled. Workaround is enabling in device manager or uninstalling/installing DisplayLink again.