DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Monitors do not wake up after sleep (D6000 and XPS 13) (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68721)

welja 04-01-2023 06:03 PM

Monitors do not wake up after sleep (D6000 and XPS 13)

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9370) connected via USB-C to a Dell D6000 with 2 monitors attached.
For years the monitors always wake up after hibernate or sleep. Since a few months they don't wake up.
So i have to pull out the USB-C cable, wait a second and then reinsert the connector. Then offcourse all my apps are on the primairy monitor so i have to re-position all of them. Highly annoying.

When the monitor's and laptop are asleep for 30 to 60 minutes they will wakeup fine, only after a longer period of sleeping they won't wake up when the laptop is activated again.
If i manually push the power button of a monitor it says "No signal going to sleep"

I have the latest D6000 firmware (Dock_D6000_FW_Updater_A04_F1TXX)
and the latest Displaylink software (app version: 3,2,14,0 driver: 11,0,2412,0 )

Is this a known bug? Is there something i can do to fix this issue?

rboerner 04-04-2023 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welja (Post 95233)
I have a Dell XPS 13 (9370) connected via USB-C to a Dell D6000 with 2 monitors attached.
For years the monitors always wake up after hibernate or sleep. Since a few months they don't wake up.
So i have to pull out the USB-C cable, wait a second and then reinsert the connector. Then offcourse all my apps are on the primairy monitor so i have to re-position all of them. Highly annoying.

When the monitor's and laptop are asleep for 30 to 60 minutes they will wakeup fine, only after a longer period of sleeping they won't wake up when the laptop is activated again.
If i manually push the power button of a monitor it says "No signal going to sleep"

I have the latest D6000 firmware (Dock_D6000_FW_Updater_A04_F1TXX)
and the latest Displaylink software (app version: 3,2,14,0 driver: 11,0,2412,0 )

Is this a known bug? Is there something i can do to fix this issue?

If you have not already done so, I would suggest following the steps outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink in order to report the issue to DisplayLink directly.

flo 06-13-2023 02:51 PM

Issue spreading to multiple users... help

Hi,

We're using Targus dock station with displaylink as well as a few Lenovo dock and multiple users are reporting the exact same issue since about a month or so.

We've tried the instruction in the previous post but still experiencing the same issue.

It really look's like windows is not waking up the displaylink chip when going out of sleep...

Please help!

Jfruiz 07-05-2023 05:37 AM

Same issue here

Same problem here.

I have an MSI AIO computer (Modern ADL-P AM272) all in one and a WavLink WL-UG3501H.

All has been working as it should for a few times, but for a couple of weeks my USB display adaptor doesn't wake up after suspending (no led) and I need to pull out the usb cable and reconnect it to get it working.

Only happen after long suspend period (deep suspend) not in short ones.

What can I do?

System is fully updated and compatible and I already sent support log email.

clownstep 11-08-2023 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 95464)
Hi,

We're using Targus dock station with displaylink as well as a few Lenovo dock and multiple users are reporting the exact same issue since about a month or so.

We've tried the instruction in the previous post but still experiencing the same issue.

It really look's like windows is not waking up the displaylink chip when going out of sleep...

Please help!

Have any update about this issue?

LasseT 12-10-2023 10:02 PM

Same problem here.
MS surface Pro 7+, prokord USB-C Dual 4K with 2 Andersson EM3271QHD displays

With the latest driver (11.2) it often resolves with black displays with a cursor after waking up, which forces me to restart the computer.
With the driver 11.1 it only forces me to restart the dock, which is less of a problem.

DanielSznicer 12-11-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LasseT (Post 96259)
Same problem here.
MS surface Pro 7+, prokord USB-C Dual 4K with 2 Andersson EM3271QHD displays

With the latest driver (11.2) it often resolves with black displays with a cursor after waking up, which forces me to restart the computer.
With the driver 11.1 it only forces me to restart the dock, which is less of a problem.

Hello, would you be able to contact our support directly and forward them detailed problem description - model of the monitors, how everything is connected and logfiles?
Instructions to gather logfiles are available here: How can I report Windows issues to DisplayLink?