View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
jasonwilczak

Default No display, no software, no idea!

Hello,

Just got the uga usb 2.0 display adapter for xmas, was super excited to add a second display at work! Got to work today, plugged it in, install...waiting...install success!

Restarted, as instructed, got the "incompatability" balloon. Realized the work pc was using standard vga driver, so after some research, I found the actual ati driver. Download, install, success!

Re-installed the uga drivers, just to be safe, plugged in the monitor after install...nothing. I noticed that I didn't have the DisplayLink software, just the Win 7 (x64) basic control panel business, so I threw the cd in the drive to see if i can get the gui...nothing, the cd won't work, the setup.exe won't run... ::tear::

**EDIT** I found that the actual displayLink software IS installed, it just won't open/run...

After scouring the internet, I can't figure out what much to do, I'm currently installing the ATI control center to see if that works, but we shall see...

**EDIT** It appears that my graphics adapter is for windows server 2008 x64. There doesn't appear to be any graphics adapter driver for Windows 7 x64 specifically. However, after running the Win 7 Upgrade Advisor (even though i already have win7 running), the hardware (ATI ES1000) IS compatible with windows 7.

I attached an image of my graphics adapter from GPU-Z. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm a programmer and dying at work without a second screen!

**EDIT** I attached the .zip file output from the displayLink support tool

**ADD** It appears that, from searching Plugable.com (the retailer), that this product won't work with the Dell PowerEdge SC440 (my machine) because of not being able to work with Windows Server SKUs. However, I am running Windows 7 enterprise N, I can't see how this should pose an issue, but thought I would update my post.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip 20101228_124101.zip (510.4 KB, 776 views)

Last edited by jasonwilczak; 12-28-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: more info