View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
Johngibson

Lightbulb Windows 10 - tried 2 new docks - monitors disconnect when 2 external monitors connect

I have been battling dock failures for over a week now. Same issue exhibits on 2 new docks (Toshiba Dynadock USB 3.0, and currently on HP 3005PR).

All windows updates installed, Displaylink cleaner used, 7.9 M2 Displaylink driver installed. All USB power saving disabled, and every driver change I found on the WWW attempted. New cables, tried USB 2.0 rather than 3.0. Purchased and installed a powered Pluggable USB Hub ..Still problems:

The HP dock will only drive the monitor attached to the HDMI port, any time I try to connect to the DisplayPort (to a native DisplayPort monitor, or other monitors using DVI etc.) the dock stops driving both monitors. The laptop monitor continues to function, but both Displaylink attached monitors freeze. A reconnect solves for moments, then the same. If I only attach the HDMI monitor I can keep the dock working. I have attached the output of the Displaylink Support Tool here for investigation.

Thanks in advance for any advise, I am very savvy in troubleshooting, and will gladly jump in to assist in any way possible. From looking over the WWW many, many users are having the same issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Debug.zip (897.5 KB, 1 views)
Johngibson is offline   Reply With Quote