View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
gkra

Default More info

So, some more details. The log errors only show up if I'm logged in, and use the Fast User Switching menu to go to the login window. At that point, the login window shows up on the primary display with the background on the secondary (DisplayLink-connected) display, and the system immediately beachballs.

If I log out, the system is okay.
If I activate the screen saver, the system is okay.

This only happens after I connect the DisplayLink device. However, even after I disconnect the DisplayLink device, the behavior remains. I haven't found any way to recover from the beachball-on-login-window problem aside from a hard power off, which I'm none to keen on.

Reading up on the error messages, I thought it might be related to latent Gatekeeper interactions, as Gatekeeper has been present since 10.7.3 in a disabled state. I applied the available system updates to 10.7.5, and verified that Gatekeeper is disabled (allow anything to run), and the problem remains.

Initial problems were present with both DisplayLink driver versions 1.7 and 1.8 on OS X 10.7.4. Problems are also present with both 1.7 and 1.8 versions on OS X 10.7.5.

I've currently uninstalled the drivers as I'm planning on updating to OS X 10.8.2 this weekend (for other reasons) and will re-install them when I'm back at my desk Monday morning.
gkra is offline   Reply With Quote