View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
gkra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
I'm re-readig these posts and I have a doubt: which Gatekeeper settings have you exactly chosen?
Our driver can't be trusted in the most tight settings because no kernel extension can be installed from the App Store, so that would be expected.

Carlo
Well, the thing that was confusing the heck out of me is that I was getting these errors with the v1.8 drivers on Lion 10.7.4. Apparently Gatekeeper is present-but-hidden/disabled as of 10.7.3. I've used Software Update to get to 10.7.5, which added Gatekeeper settings to the Security Preference Pane, but in my case, it's all disabled. I.e., "run anything".

On my Mac, the only time this happens is if, once logged in, I select "Login Window" from the Fast User Switching menu bar item. The messages are logged to the system logs, and then the mouse pointer goes to a beach ball, the fans spin up, and the only way to recover the system is via a power-off reboot.

I've tried all other things I can think of, but that's the only thing that causes the bad behavior.

I haven't gotten around to upgrading to Mountain Lion yet, and can likely hold off if you need me to test anything.
gkra is offline   Reply With Quote