View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
I agree with you all... if I was in your position I would also be frustrated.

We have a 1.8.1 beta, but it doesn't address many of the issues that have been raised about Mountain Lion. If I released it, I would give it a few hours before it was ripped apart as not a solution. And it needs bug changes to 1.8 to work around the OS bugs causing the issues.

We have to get our v2.0 software out. We're whipping the dev team as hard as we can to get this done, but they're already rowing as fast as they can.

V2.0 development is going better than expected and we should be able to deliver a preview before the end of the year. But it is not ready yet, so can't just magic something up.

Wim
Well, then stop ALL work on 2.0 and get 1.8.1 stable and out, bottom line is your competitors have caught up and passed you. They are offering Mac support for USB 3.0 devices, even on Mountain Lion. Are their drivers perfect? No (if anyone claims a driver or piece of software is perfect and cannot be improved, I would worry about them), but they work and don't cause all of these crashes.

So, unfortunately, from our (the customers) point of view, it shows that you are not trying hard enough to get a fix out. I know that may sound harsh, but it's the honest truth.

I think it may be time to start a Twitter/Facebook campaign to warn everyone about the lack of Mountain Lion support for Displaylink devices, so that they aren't suckered into thinking that they will work.

Last edited by cmwade77; 10-19-2012 at 05:55 PM.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote