View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
cmwade77 I don't understand what is the game you are playing here.
We reproduced this issue on a MacBook Pro. We raised an incident with Apple's Developer Technical Support. DTS told us to open a bug. We opened a bug and gave you the ID.
We got one of those mythical J5Create devices and on the same machine it shows exactly the same issue as does any other of the software framebuffer products we tried.

What else do you want? My blood? I already donated last week, I'm A-.

Carlo

P.S. It is still possible that there are more than one issue! Apple has been satisfied that this is something they already knew about however.
I am not playing any game, I am telling the truth. I have had no issues like this one with either the DisplayLink or J5Create's device.

There have been other issues (some of which are significant), but this is not one of them. Since this problem does not seem to occur with our specific devices and others have reported this happening with both the DisplayLink chips and the ones in the J5Create's device, but not in the specific devices we use, I would say with a fari amount of certainty that the chips, drivers and Mountain Lion is not the issue, my guess is that it is the surrounding hardware in the devices, such as the USB interface, etc.

Now, it is possible that these issues could be overcome with a software fix, but my guess is the problem would be better solved within the hardware in this case.

This is on a system that was upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion, so I do not know if that is a difference or not.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote