View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #72
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickM View Post
Got excited there for a moment. I set my DisplayLink monitor for upside-down orientation and restarted etc, but I still get the same epilepsy-inducing screen flashing. Oh well.

At this point I'm going to back off pushing on the DisplayLink developer because I guess it's clear that Apple introduced this bug with Mountain Lion and the developer is left holding the bag. I also use other applications in which Apple's CoreGraphics's bugs yield totally messed up visuals. I'm going to go back through this thread and see if there is a reference to an Apple bug number and then just report it myself to try and up the priority. I hear they've started seeding 10.8.3 - man I hope Apple have done something about this in that release. I wouldn't mind seeing a vague smiling emoticon from the developer as an indication that this will bring improvements.
I am not going to back off of them, the more that I use the J5Create's device, the more I realize that at least the crashing issues are NOT an OS issue, as their device is working quite well under Mountain Lion.

Yes, there are some minor display issues that are on OS issue, but these are resolved by simply moving the cursor and don't happen all that often.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote