View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
I have the same setup as johnFron, so I'll test this out to see if the latest 10.7.1 with DL beta 3 works. I've read the link given for debugging, and have set the log verbosity to debug. please let me know if you want different settings after I report my findings.

UPDATE:

Ok so I didn't experience anything with videos in the browsers. In fact, I found Safari rendered flash videos quite well.

upon installing and restarting I did experience drag and drop still isn't working off the bat, I had to put my computer to sleep and then turn it on again.

Photoshop 5.1 opens fine, I had issues with this before.

I didn't experience anything with initiating mission control, however once I created a new space, I had the same symptoms John had where he lost ability to type with the keyboard. Even the UI keyboard was un-clickable even though I could use my mouse to move around. I'd love to figure out how john did a killall Dock in terminal without the ability to input text.

So since I was unable to do anything I did a hard restart of my computer and ran display link Information and have attached it to this post. spotlight seems to have reindexed itself a little after hard restart, however it only took minutes not as long as a full indexing, I assume this is a lion feature if you don't shut your computer down properly.

Since I don't use spaces I don't think I would have seen this issue had I not been doing bug testing.

my system if the DL info doesn't give it to you

MBP 5,1 late08 15" 2.53ghz 8gb RAM Lion 10.7.1 running beta 3 on the 9600 video chipset (performance mode instead of battery life).
Thanks for the detailed report and logs.
The keyboard issue seems related to the 9400/9600 issue.
Not sure, but I assume john used a remote ssh session or similar to run a killall command.