View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
chashock

I don't know if this thread or forum is even being monitored anymore, since the driver is supposedly "production", but the problems are persistent on my machine.

The new driver never showed up in WindowsUpdate OR via the Check for updates option of the DisplayLink Manager, so I downloaded the driver manually and installed.

The CPU problem is not nearly as pronounced in this version of the driver, but it is still there. Instead of reporting ALL of the System Idle Process as active CPU cycles and slowing my machine to a crawl, it only shows about 1/2 of the CPU being utilized, when in reality only about 10% is and the other 90% is SIP. Still extremely strange behavior, and it indicates to me that when the driver fails it is not releasing resources back properly and it hangs in some "shutdown" process or other.

Both displays still disappear after about 10 minutes or so of use. On top of that, it now causes my primary displays running off my nVidia 9300 card to get very fuzzy after the DisplayLinks fail. Very strange behavior.

I'm afraid if this doesn't get resolved soon I may have to dump these in favor of a second video card to get all my displays running. Very disappointing. This device had a lot of promise for many users I support, but this kind of instability just doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence.

Martin, if you're still watching, and want me to try something, let me know. I'm happy to try and continue troubleshooting this with you guys.