View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #19
tommiy

I have a 2017 4 USB-C port MAC and my work forces me to use a Dell 3100 dock. I get the same problems every single day. Thinking it was some hing else I had loaded I took the trouble on the weekend to do a complete backup and reinstall of Mojave. Nothing else installed except Mojave and Displaylink. Sure enough after about 10hrs I get 150% for DisplayLink and another 35% for window driver CPU utilisation. This happens on driver version 5.0, 5.1 and 5.1.1. I stay away fro driver 5.2 because when I use that and its not connected to a display link dock external thunderbolt monitors do not work.

So, I guess the answer is it is not just you on 14.6 that has this problem but there are a number of us that have noticed there PC go insane with displaylink drivers. I notice because I work in a quite environment and I hear the fans go off I can almost guarantee what is happening. I meant to actually save a log to send to support today when it occurred but unfortunately I also need to work. maybe tomorrow when it happens.

Short answer is not much you can do about it as it would appear its a displaylink problem and maybe only with 14.6. You can try swapping Users when it happens I found that this causes it to go away....or 2 reboots seems to fix it as well (often 1 reboot does nothing).

Best of luck don;t see this ever getting fixed....Catalina I think will be an experience an a half for Displaylink.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote