View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #15
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
I tried connecting a StarTech USB32HDPRO adapter (USB->HDMI) to the docking station, for the most part of time it seemed to work fine, but one time all the monitor (notebook included) crashed, going all black and turn back on after few seconds. This solution was using 2 monitor connected to the DP ports of the station and one to the USB-HDMI adapter.

But this was made using the USB-C port, so because I will not use the HDMI port anyway, I can try the USB port itself, but maybe it is a throughput higher than supported by a single USB-C port
I reviewed the thread, and will attempt to summarise.
StarTech USB32HDPRO adapter (USB->HDMI) is using DisplayLink technology as well.
So, from what I can see, when using any of the DL-3xxx, DL-5xxx, and DL-6xxx HDMI outputs, your monitor works properly. You have issues when using the Alternate Mode, and potentially with DisplayPort converter chip.

When all your displays flashed, it could be because of a driver crash. The notebook will blink as you change the desktop layout.
If you still have that adapter, I'd recommend plugging it to your docking station and use it to drive the HDMI monitor.
Should it crash again, we can look into the crash data to improve the driver.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote