View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
TwerkingCorgi

@Carlo

Just to piggy back off of steverod, I appear to be having the same issue with the DisplayLink 2.5 drivers since updating to OS X 10.11.4. I sent an email in detailing the issue, but I never received a response back from DisplayLink support. Here is the email:

I am currently using the latest Display Link driver for my Mac OS X 10.11.4 with a Targus USB dock, but having some issues. My setup is two monitors 1x HDMI and 1x DVI from the docking station.

When I am working my DisplayLink drivers will crash for seemingly no reason. I try power cycling the dock and unplug/plug the USB connection, but nothing seems to recover the driver. All other peripherals on the USB are functioning correctly and the issue seems to be isolated to the monitors.

Testing done so far:

* Used another mac OS X 10.11 (one minor version down) - Works
* Power cycling - Fails
* Uninstall/Install DisplayLink driver - Fails
* Power cycle docking station - Fails
* Unplugging/Pluggin monitors - Fails
* Replaced entire docking station - Fails
* Replaced USB to docking station - Fails

All of my testing seems to point to some issues with the OS X DisplayLink drivers. I have run the DisplayLink diagnostics tools and gathered some data. I will also include the most recent diagnostic report from /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports for the DisplayLink driver.

My thoughts are it may be an issue with the minor update to El Capitan (10.11.4). I am hoping this will help diagnose the issue.
TwerkingCorgi is offline   Reply With Quote