View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
nicola

Default Dell D6000 - Screen Flickering

Hi,
this is my current setup:
- Notebook ASUS N580VD
- 3x monitor HP 24w (which I use at 1920x1080 resolution)

I bought the docking station DELL D6000 (as listed by the Products page in the DisplayLink website) in order to attach all the 3 monitors to the notebook, but I'm having a flickering problem.

The docking stations is attached to the USB-C port of the notebook.

The two monitors attached to the 2 DP ports are working w/o problems (I'm using a HDMI->DP adapter), but the one connected to the docking HDMI port is showing a very bad flickering which is annoying and also problematic.

In order to find the root cause of the problem I tried to connecting ONLY the HDMI port of the docking station (I removed anything else), but the flickering is still there.

Here a couple of video showing the problem:
- https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y63KRu6PoUnq8CRh9
- https://photos.app.goo.gl/ri3B1HCuoCDmro6f8
- https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bgb9xFQiG9x5aLDi6

I already:
- downloaded the latest driver from DisplayLink website
- updated the docking station firmware using the software provided by DELL website
- updated the notebook BIOS to latest version
- updated Intel graphic card drivers to latest version (downloaded directly from Intel website, which are newer than the ones provided by ASUS website)
- updated NVIDIA drivers (this I think they don't matter anyway...)
- updated chipset driver, downloaded from ASUS website

As mentioned, the HDMI port is the only one showing this problem. I tried different cables, different monitors. I also tried to completely change hardware (different notebook, different monitor, differente cable) but the flickering is always the same as shown in the videos.

Also, I tried a simple USB-C -> HDMI adapter to test the USB-C port of the notebook and is working very fine.

For the moment the only working solution I found is connecting 2 monitor to the DP ports of the docking station and one monitor to the built-in HDMI port of the notebook, by I'm trying to have a workstation with "one cable connect" (video, audio, lan, usb devices, ...)

Is this a known behaviour between docking stations and ASUS notebooks? (I'm wondering...), it is a very odd behaviour so I'm trying to understand if someone knows a problem like mine.
Maybe an hardware incompatibility that cannot be solved, I don't know...

I'm attaching you:
- "Cattura 1" which shows the version of DisplayLink driver
- "Cattura 2" which shows you the version on Intel graphic card driver
- "Cattura 3" which shows how Windows recognize the monitor attached to the HDMI port of docking station
- "Cattura 4" which shows the details of Intel graphic card
And finally... the Support Information provided by the Compatibility Check software

I already ran the "DisplayLink Compatibility Check" and there is no problems
Code:
---------------------------
DisplayLink Compatibility Check
DisplayLink compatibility check passed.
OK   

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cattura 1.jpg (7.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cattura 2.jpg (14.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png Cattura 3.PNG (11.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cattura 4.jpg (13.9 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20181016_083635.zip (1.16 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by nicola; 10-16-2018 at 06:38 AM.
nicola is offline   Reply With Quote