View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
nicola

Hello again,
I'm back after few days with some positive news, but not all.

After I tried to the same D6000 station with same notebook but different monitors, I find out that the kind of flickering was different. Sometimes was almost solved, sometimes was really really bad, ...

Because the monitor was working fine with the solution USBC->HDMI adapter (so it was surely the docking presenting the problem) I tried to buy a different cable.
I bought a very high-quality HDMI cable "HDMI 4k 60Hz HDR | HDMI 2.0 a/b | 4K 3D UHD 1080p 3D HFR Ethernet | Full HD 1080p / ARC e CEC"
This cable is triple-shielded and it is certified for 4K. I know I'm using the port at 1080p, but it natively supports 4K maybe can be a hint....

Test 1) Well, with this new cable, the HDMI port of the station is working fine, w/o any flickering (for test1 i connected the dock to USB-C port of the station and only the cable to the HDMI port).

Test 2) I attached the second monitor, to the first DP port of the station (using the previous cable), and now I have 2 monitor working

Test 3) I attached the third monitor, to the second DP port of the stations (using the previous cable), and now the HDMI-connected monitor is flickering again.

This is somehow strange, it does not seem the problem to be to the port itself, but the amount of monitor attached.
Because it seems to a interference of some kind, I bought another 2 triple-shielded cables that I will use for others 2 monitors, and then I will see the result.

I will be back to you next week with this result.
For the moment, the first hint to solve to problem seems to be related to poor-quality HDMI cables.
nicola is offline   Reply With Quote