View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #368
paultzirides

Eeeeasy folks, threatening people isn't going to get the issue solved any faster.

The DisplayLink team, as well as every developer on the planet, cannot control how Apple changes their operating system. If the DL team built their software and drivers using some components of the OS that Apple removed or changed, it may be difficult or impossible to update the DL software and drivers as-is. The next version of the OS is still in beta, which means that there are a great deal of things that are still changing, and any updates the team makes now are an attempt to hit a moving target. They may get the BETA drivers working on a BETA OS, but the next version of the beta may break things again, so giving a hard release date might be impossible with the software in its current state, and the DL team may need to wait until certain parts of the OS are more stable before they can start building new drivers.

Quite often, Apple makes changes that affect developers and software functionality. A point release may suddenly affect a piece of software you use without warning, because Apple made a change the developer did not anticipate. The DL team may need to rewrite the drivers completely from the ground up, or they may be in a holding pattern until things stabilize.

Either way, yelling louder will not fix this problem faster. I think it sucks, too, and I'm upset that I have a product that doesn't do all the things I want it to, but the DL team has a great track record of making progress, even when facing really difficult challenges. Give them a little bit, I'm sure they'll be able to get this one fixed, too.
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote