View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #6
mggoodier

Default Workaround in place - help with permanent fix please?

James

IT IS NOT A HARDWARE FAULT - because I've made it work by selective disabling of drivers to find a temporary workaround!
  1. Please can you advise if there are any known compatibility issues between specific versions of Citrix Display Driver, HD 4600 Graphics driver and DisplayLink driver?
  2. Or more positively, please can you specify a defined set of versions of Citrix Display Driver, HD 4600 Graphics driver and DisplayLink driver that have been proven to co-exist together properly?

Having Googled round in circles about DisplayLink and Intel HD Graphics I found mentions in Intel forums that HD graphics drivers may be an issue for HDMI (not relevant to me using DisplayPort but I was clutching at straws.)

The frequent suggestion was that when logged in with Admin privilege to go into Control Panel->Device Manager->Display Adapters and right-click->disable on the HD graphics adapter. This was obviously a courageous thing to do given I only have one graphics adapter in the PC and its the i7 core built-in HD graphics. Amazingly, when I did this the monitor connected to the PC switched off...and the monitor connected to the D3100 displayed the desktop in full default resolution working perfectly!!! This option survived a reboot, with the weirdness that the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen shows on both monitors, then once logged in I only have working display via D3100 dock.

I assumed that with HD Graphics disabled it must be using the built-in Microsoft display driver (which I think is why you see both screens working before login)...but I was wrong! Right-clicking on the desktop background, going into screen resolution and picked advanced options showed that the operational display adapter was the "Citrix Display Driver (Citrix Systems -WDDM)" v7.6.0.5006. This driver is installed as part of the Citrix VDA 7.6 client installation that is part ox XenApp 7.6 Remote PC enablement.

Armed with this information I re-enabled the HD Graphics (back to only one working monitor direct attached to PC), and then disabled the Citrix Display Driver (Citrix Systems - WDDM). My Dell Dock 3100 is now working to show an extended desktop on my second monitor (attached to dock via DisplayPort) together with the display port attached main monitor direct attached to the PC. This set-up has also serviced a reboot. So, I have a workaround for dual-monitor via D3100 dock on Dell 9020 running Windows 7 BUT ONLY if I disable Citrix Remote PC functionality.

Yours hopeful you'll have some proven combinations for me (and thankful that I probably don't have to replace hardware),
Malcolm
mggoodier is offline   Reply With Quote