View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #13
brossow

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgal View Post
Hey previous Display Link Guys

I'm waiting to find out if my Macbook Pro 2017 can drive 4 moniters with Drive 5.0. I don't want to go through the transition to Mojave until I'm assured it will work. I'm using two DHMI USB 3 docks and a USBC dual monitor adapter and wa running 6 screens before.

However, I want to drive 4 screens and until I know it works for you folks, I don't want to risk it. Last time, I lost all my monitors and don't want that again as I need them for work.

Thanks,

BG
I wouldn't trust what any one person says. If you browser through this forum or do a Google search, you'll find it's VERY hit-or-miss. Identical setup works for one person but not another. It's been years since software on which I'm dependent on was so unbelievably flaky and unreliable. If having all four screens is critical, I see two options:

1. Stick with what you have that's working.

2. Do a complete backup (e.g. with TimeMachine, clone to a second drive, whatever) before updating to Mojave/DisplayLink 5.0 and be prepared to restore your drive from that backup if (when?) it doesn't work.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote