View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #101
jpap

Default 10.8.3 works; but don't claim support on 10.8 just yet!

I've installed OS X 10.8.3 (12D38) on a late-2011 13" MBP, with a DL-195 connected to a 24" 90deg rotated DVI HP display.

No random crashes after a full week. The HP display doesn't go live until after login and looks as it should.

After a really bad DisplayLink driver-support issue on 10.7, I waited several months before upgrading to 10.8 and after seeing that 10.8 was "supported" on the driver download page. (Yes, the DL driver was the only thing holding me back!)

I did not have an appreciation of the severity of the issues in KB333 until I had experienced them myself. I would recommend not saying that 10.8 is supported on the Driver Download page until a user can use the driver normally. I don't consider random crashes of Finder and other apps, caused by a OS bug or DL driver issue, as being "supported".

Glad it wasn't your bug in the end, DL, but you still fail on communication. Luckily that's something you can easily fix going forward. ;-)

jpap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

About a week ago, Apple released v10.8.3 OSX update to developers. The release notes don't mention the login issue being fixed, but we have been testing this and the Login issues seem to have "gone away".

We're wondering if this is just coincidence in our testing, as we know it is timing related, or is it fixed for anyone else on here with access to the 10.8.3 developer release?

Thanks

Wim

Last edited by jpap; 12-27-2012 at 03:44 AM.
jpap is offline   Reply With Quote