View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #103
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpap View Post
Glad it wasn't your bug in the end, DL, but you still fail on communication. Luckily that's something you can easily fix going forward. ;-)
jpap
Dear jpap,

I personally think that this is a very sensible conclusion.
The 1.8 we shipped months and months ago is still the same and the user experience seems to be good on 10.8.3 for most people. Yet, on some platforms the 10.8.0 user experience was awful (not for everyone, I've never seen the login issue on my Mac for example).

Determining where the blame lies is not the most important thing here, even if it's not with DisplayLink.

We need to ensure that in the future solutions like ours can interoperate well with OS X. Apple already fixed at least six critical bugs in ML that affect our devices, including some USB 3 ones that the forum will never be aware of.
This shows that Apple is actively interested in improving the OS and hopefully will bring other improvements as well.

We can help as OS X developers. You can help as Mac customers by raising the issues not only here but with Apple as well, to raise awareness.

All in all, I'm optimistic. I think 2013 will be a great year for USB graphics on OS X.

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote