View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiL View Post
Hello,

I have the AOC E1659Fwu which will freeze after connecting (sometimes immediately sometimes after a minute). I have gotten the monitor replaced and have also gotten the Mac replaced (mid -2015 macbook Pro). I have tried connecting through usb 2.0 and 3.0 usb hubs. The Mac recognizes the monitor even while the screen is frozen (appears in the USB section in System Report). The PID is good. Problem persists in both El Capitan and Yosemite. Heres a link to what i mean by "freezing" {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiZOpC3RCgs}. Attached is also the diagnostic tool's report. Thanks for your help in advance!
Hi Wil,

I've looked at the logs and from the driver side at some point the USB device is no longer reachable.
On the device side it's difficult to tell, nothing seems wrong up to the point of the disconnection.
Usually this kind of issue can be a hardware problem or a firmware problem in the device.

Since you have already tried a variety of hardware changes it may be a firmware problem, however we cannot debug this situation without reproducing in our lab. We'll try.
What do you need to do to recover from this issue?
Is there anything that specifically triggers this issue or makes it happen more often?

Kind regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote