View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #1
MiWiAu

Default ASUS USB3.0_HZ-1 Docking Station Issues

I'm having two problems with my docking station:

1) A Seagate Backup Plus 1TB portable hard drive does not work via the USB ports in the docking station, but it works fine when plugged directly into the laptop (not sure if this is a DisplayLink interface issue or not)

2) My bigger problem: I have two external monitors connected via the docking station; one is connected via DVI, the other VGA. The external monitors are ALWAYS clones of each other. I cannot configure them as separate monitors.

Ultimately, what I'm attempting to do (unsuccessfully, so far) is run two external monitors (configured as "Extended") from my laptop when the lid is closed.

With the laptop lid up, my primary desktop is on the laptop screen, and the extended desktop is on the external monitors (both external monitors are cloned, showing the same image). Windows only shows two monitors in "Settings" even though both external monitors are on and cloned.

With the laptop lid down, my external monitors become the primary desktop, but they are always cloned (cannot extend). Windows "Settings" only shows one monitor available when the laptop lid is closed, even though both external monitors are on and cloned.

I have tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling video card drivers and the DisplayLink drivers multiple times, but have been unable to resolve.

Thanks for any help!

Laptop System: ASUS Vivobook F402BA-EB94
Docking Station: ASUS USB3.0_HZ-1
External Monitors: Acer G236HL (one connected DVI, one connected VGA)
External Hard Drive: Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive P/N 1K9AP4-501

LOGS ATTACHED
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAPTOP-1MG5EFHP_20171203_114528.zip (408.2 KB, 2 views)
MiWiAu is offline   Reply With Quote