View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
pdimarzio

Default V1.8 Alpha issue: no resolution choice on rotated monitor

Per request I'm reposting this on a new thread ...

MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GM RAM
OS X 10.7.3
Acer 2216w horizontal driven by mini-display port
Acer 223w vertical driven by Iogear USB adapter

When I installed the Alpha both screens came up fine, the rotated display driven by the USB came right up in proper orientation - even remembered the background picture. However when I moved a text window to the rotated screen I noticed the resolution was very poor. In the past I've used the max resolution of these monitors (1680x1050 horizontal, 1050x1680 vertical). With the new v1.8 driver there is only one option returned: 1200x1920 (which doesn't seem to be a native res for the Acer, as it doesn't show up in the list for the horizontal monitor).

I've also found that the horizontal monitor does not get driven when I bring the machine out of sleep. Since this is the main window, with the logon screen, I have to shut off both external monitors, lift the cover of the MBP to logon, then turn the monitors back on. Of course everything gets quite confused, all the windows switch from one monitor to the other - then back again - and all need to be resized.

This is really not usable and I'm going to have to uninstall the driver and hope for a better version - I'll leave it on temporarily if there's any data I can gather for you (but you'll need to give me instructions on how to gather it). Thanks.
pdimarzio is offline   Reply With Quote