View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
The-Dave

I am running a 2014 MacBook Air fully upgraded using 10.10.2. I just bough a Dell UltraHD Docking Station - D3100 since it uses the latest and greatest DisplayLink chipset (DL-5910). There was a great review from a Mac owner for it on Amazon.

I received it this last Friday, unwrapped it, and hooked it up to my KB/mouse and 27" Qnix QA2710 monitor at 2560x1440 over displayport. Unfortunately like you, trying to use the hot corners (or keyboard commands) for "Mission Control" and "Show Desktop" absolutely crush performance causing the CPU to skyrocket and basically lock the machine up for 5-8 seconds. The whole experience seemed a little jerky/unresponsive. Transitioning desktops using control left or right appears fine however?! The issue seems isolated to the 2 functions mentioned prior. I haven't really tested it anymore as I was pretty disappointed with it.

I am going to take it to work tomorrow which is the intended environment and see if for some odd reason anything is any different. The plan was to run one of the 24" 1080P monitors off of this along with ethernet and audio, and the other to run straight off the TB port on the Air ;-(

I am guessing it is some odd driver issue that is plaguing our performance.

Last edited by The-Dave; 05-18-2015 at 07:08 AM.
The-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote