View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 03:54 PM   #4
omundy

Default Potential (temporary) fix until DisplayLink can

I have a Mac M1 2020 13" with MacOS Big Sur 11.6.8 and am having the similar issues with the monitors blacking out.

First I noticed this when I tried to wake the Mac up from sleep. For a bit I thought the only fix was to do a hard restart. Later I realized that I just need to unplug the USB-C cable going to the DisplayLink and the computer wakes up.

The bigger, related issue, is that the monitors (two Dell monitors attached via HDMI) black out WHILE I'm WORKING.
1. Sometimes the monitors black out and the windows move to the laptop.
1. About 50% of the time ALL screens black out, including the laptop.

There is information about this problem here, with one person saying it is related to office chair movement, and another stating that it is from EMF interference in the cables.
https://support.displaylink.com/foru...ing-out-solved

UPDATE:
I might have just found this happens because the monitors (via displaylink) are telling the computer to go to sleep. So I tap a key on the laptop keyboard and it wakes up and all the screens come back on. I just enabled "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" in System Preferences > Battery and have not seen the issue for almost 30 minutes!
omundy is offline   Reply With Quote