View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASGOLF View Post
I’ve lost Ethernet connectivity on my USB 3.0 port replicator since upgrading my HP Envy L/T to Windows 8.1 from V8.0. I’ve installed the latest driver (V7.4 M2) but I am still unable to load.
Device Manager indicates an error with the following message –
“This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The Registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the Registry.”
When I move the LAN cable from the replicator to the PC it works fine.
All other ports/devices are working without any problems.
DisplayLink manual for the Driver Key has the following-{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0022, yet the registry entry is {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0021...cannot change.
Don't worry about the registry, this is correct and it doesn't always have to be the same place.

We have tried to reproduce this. Can someone post the exact steps they used to upgrade to Windows 8/1, including the versions of DisplayLink software before and after the upgrade, how they updated to Windows 8.1 and how they updated DisplayLink software in Windows 8.1. There must be a specific sequence that is causing this, as it is not happening for everyone, but there it is affecting quite a few people.

Also, if James' solution in comment 13 is not working, could you try uninstalling, then running the cleaner from here, then reinstalling from the setup.exe on our website.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote