View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
busywait

Default How can I log an issue with the DisplayLink Presenter app with Samsung DeX dock?

I want to use a Samsung Note8 in a Samsung DeX dock connected to a Targus USB 3 DisplayLink dock (DOCK120EUZ) for mouse, keyboard and HDMI video. It's almost all working...

The Note8 display comes up on my monitor, and the Samsung phone detects the external monitor and switches the phone to DeX mode instead of Screen Mirror mode. That is all good.

Unfortunately, the mouse pointer will only travel one third (1/3) of the way across the screen - it's as though something in the screen detection has remembered the portrait orientation of the screen, and not updated to reflect the DisplayLink resolution.

The problem is the same if the mouse is plugged into the DisplayLink device, directly into the DeX, or if the mouse is unplugged and the phone screen is in "trackpad mode".

If I move the monitor cable from the DisplayLink to the DeX then everything works fine.

I can't see an Android forum to put this in to, and I think I'm supposed to use a support channel - how would I get in touch with the right people?
busywait is offline   Reply With Quote