View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oierarias View Post
Hi there!

I have a problem with the Wavlink dock, model: WL-UG39DH2, and HP portable computers, model HP 250 G8.
I am writing from an enterprise. We have bought some new HP 250 G8 computers, and also some Wavlink WL-WG39DH2 docks. When we try to use that docks on that computers, there where allways continous disconnections.

We connect 2 displays (VGA + HDMI) and ethernet cable to the dock, and we can see that the displays turns off for a few seconds (during the disconnection). Also the ethernet connection goes down during that disconnection.

We tried different units of that dock, on (also) different units of HP 250 G8 portables. Allways with problems.
But if we try that dock with another portable (Lenovo, Asus...) that works correctly, and also tried the HP 250 G8 portable with another different model of Wavlink dock, and also worked properly.

We tried everything, install diferent drivers, from Wavlink web, displaylink web, also HP web, all the drivers of the computer are installed, firmware and BIOS updated...we dont know what more can try with this, but it's a problem because we have many HP 250 G8 units and also THAT Wavlink dock model.

Any help?

Thanks!
If you have not already done so, I would suggest turning the PCIe Link State Power Management and USB 3 Link Power Management advanced power settings to 'Off' for both AC and DC power in order to help rule those settings out as contributors to the current behavior.

Those settings may not be visible by default, so here are instructions for making the settings visible with the Windows Advanced Power Settings:

PCIe LSPM --> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

USB 3 Link PM --> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...s-windows.html

Once the settings are visible, set both of them to 'Off' for both 'Plugged in' and 'On Battery' power states and then reboot the laptop and then test the behavior again.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote