View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
ballyhoo

Default Unable to duplicate laptop to 2 Asus M168B

Hi. Windows 10 build1703 on Dell 7510. I was able previously to duplicate the main screen to 2 Asus M168B connected by USB3 and I was also able to extend, toggling between these options using f8. However that was on the 'fall' windows build 1709, and I have now done a complete rebuild and installed 1703 for various reasons. I ran DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.4 M0. I can't get it to work like it used to, I can duplicate to either Asus and the 3rd one extends, or I can have all 3 in extend mode, but I cannot have 3 identical screens like I could before. Any assistance appreciated! [to be clear, I am not fully 'up to date' on Windows since that would mean 1709]

UPDATE Kind of weird - it just suddenly started working after a Dell utility caused a screen 'blink'. Is there any way to robustly achieve duplicated screens? I've had it be a bit flaky in a client demo situation and somehow just frigged it into action by toggling, unplugging etc... not very satisfactory! Especially because this time none of that worked until bingo. I just am asking for the 'recommended procedure'. The screens come totally without manuals.

Last edited by ballyhoo; 03-04-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: extra info
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote