View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
jhargis1012

Default Unable to get Dual External Displays to Work on Surface Pro with Windows 8 Pro

Hello, all.

I have a Surface Pro running Windows 8 Pro. I am trying to set it up with dual external displays. I am attempting to plug one external monitor into an HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator (an HP branded DisplayLink product as I understand it) via a DVI to HDMI adapter, while the other monitor is plugged into the Surface's mini-DisplayPort port via a miniDP to DVI adapter.

The external monitor plugged into the miniDP works fine. It continues to work fine when I plug in the Port Replicator. Unfortunately, as soon as I plug the second external monitor in to the Replicator, my issue occurs. I never see a picture on the second monitor. I do see the monitor acting like it gets a signal (that is, it wakes from power save mode) and sometimes I will see just a frozen Windows loading icon in the very center of the screen, but that's it. In addition, as soon as the second monitor is plugged in, the screen on the primary monitor starts flashing repeatedly (that is, the picture disappears and reappears over and over again) until I unplug the secondary monitor.

One thing that is interesting is see two listings under USB Display Adapters (see attached image).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I would rather get this working than return the product.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DisplayLink.JPG (34.8 KB, 4 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LZRSURFACETEST_20130701_145642.zip (1.98 MB, 8 views)
jhargis1012 is offline   Reply With Quote