View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:17 PM   #187
tommiy

Actually I think I understand how I feel and I am not getting over emotional. I was over emotional when this became an enterprise issue and the company I worked for decided that this was the straw that broke the camels back and now no longer supports Macs within the environment at all. You see there was nothing publised in release notes by Apple that upgrading would break anything and so the extra work to rollback alot of Macs resulted in getting given a windows machine instead. They waited a couple of weeks and then decided that they could not continue on without support of knowing it would be corrected and the easiest, fastest, and cheapest solution was to get rid of Macs.

So, its at home now, becoming less of a work horse into a home use only paradigm. This seems to be what apple wants.

So not over emotional at all. I now have a windows machine for work that functions with DisplayLink even after microsoft push out updates. It also has USB-C ports so my Apples accessories function with it. My only loss is needing to use windows during a working day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
You're getting a bit overemotional here, but it's totally understandable. As a private person at home you have more options to choose from, in enterprise environments you have to stick with the approved hardware a while longer, which is even more frustrating.

My guess is that without Apple support there is no easy way to fix this. Hopefully, with the final release of 10.13.5 both parties i.e. DisplayLink and Apple, will have sorted it out. I'm still on 10.13.3

There is one positive thing I noticed with the latest beta driver. It seems audio is now being directly delivered via HDMI, no need to plug in AUX jack separately. If only HDCP would have also worked eventually... But you still can't watch any HDCP protected movies via DisplayLink. *gasp*
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote