View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #6
skipingrock

Default I get this issue as well.

I've tried to remove and reinstall the 2.3 drivers but it doesn't work. The system sees that the USB device is plugged in, but that's about it.

Interestingly the prerelease versions of 10.10.2 did not have this issue. It was only when the final release came out that this problem occurred.

I also notice that on my two other displays (one Apple MacBook Pro LCD and one external Display Port LCD) the corners of the windows have the weird black square and non-rounded that the DisplayLink monitor does.

The other interesting thing is that when I look in the System Profile application under Graphics/Displays under AMD Radeon HD 6750 M it only shows one display is attached and doesn't list the LCD connected via Display Port.

Lastly I notice that when I unplug and replug my Display Port monitor that the monitor arrangement reverts to having the external monitor "placed" on the right of my built-in display even though I use the Arrangement tab to place it on the left. I seem to remember that this is an issue with multiple DisplayLink monitors plugged into a Mac, but now it is also affecting my non-DisplayLink monitor.

Oh, and when I restart my Mac, all three displays are showing up and in the right arrangement, it seems to stay at that state for awhile with a grey screen on all three and the mouse pointer is able to move across them all. But when it gets to the desktop, the DisplayLink monitor disappears.

Lastly, like the other guy, my drive is encrypted as well with FileVault 2. Don't know if that is a common issue.

I really wish Apple would give you more direct help here.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Cheers and looking forward to the patch.
skipingrock is offline   Reply With Quote