View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Larryag

I'll answer my own post for the benefit of others who may find themselves with the same problem. Although I didn't fix the situation, I have found an acceptable work-around.

Set your screen resolution on the SL231 to 1680 X 1050. The recommended (and desired) resolution is 1920 X 1080, however it seems the crappy Multi-View adapter can't handle that. The 1680 X 1050 setting is acceptable to buying more equipment (i.e. new video card), however the viewing is not the quality the SL231 is capable of.

It goes without saying that I would not recommend purchasing the HIS Multi-View adapter. 1) apparently its use is limited, and 2) there is no support. My recommendation... before purchasing anything, go to the company's website, and if they don't have contact information (such as HIS), stay away from any of their products because they don't want to hear from you if you have a problem.

If, like me, you have already purchased one of their products... return it to the store if you can. Unfortunately I can not, and will use it until such time I am able to throw it in the trash.
Larryag is offline   Reply With Quote