View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
cgdynamic

Exclamation Display link software causing TaskBar (Start,Cortana,edge) to crash

Hello All,
I have just updated to windows 10 (Release version). after updating windows I installed the display link updated drivers (v7.9MO) after restarting my machine
It causes the Start menu, Cortana(search) Explorer(Edge) to crash With the following information in event viewer.

(Edge)
Activation of app Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdg e failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

(Cortana)
Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

(Start - Shell)
Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyew y!App failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

I then did a complete uninstall of the display link drivers. Restarted. Then the Taskbar started to work correctly.

I attempted to run the installer in compatibility mode. and ran into the same issues again.

I have checked the display link services. (Running)
I had no Issues during Install.
Machine has been fully updated. with compatible drivers for all components.

I am running A Dell precision M4700
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Updated)
NVIDIA Quadro K2000M (Updated)
16 GB Memory
500 GB SSD
1 TB HHD
i7 PROCESSOR

running a total of 4 Monitors
Laptop Monitor
and 3 Pavilion 25xi's (only one uses the display link adapter)

Everything that I have tried has failed.
When the display link drivers are installed. all the monitors work. but the taskbar items crash (listed above).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times each time with the same results. (Yes, I'm insane)

Please Help!

Last edited by cgdynamic; 08-01-2015 at 12:33 AM.