View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #4
uit

Thanks for your reply and the clarity.

I'm not concerned about the Brightness control missing. I had thought it was a problem, but now I have a better understanding. In fact, I just discovered that when the laptop's monitor is disconnected in Display settings, the Brightness control no longer appears as an option of both external monitors settings. The control is completely gone, but once the laptop monitor is reactivated, the Brightness control appears again, though it's grayed out for both external monitors.

LG 43" monitor connected via DP
Viewsonic 27" monitor connected via HDMI
Dock connects to laptop via USB C Gen 1 5Gb

Earlier today, while adjusting Windows display settings, I saw a slight anomaly... It seemed that when the Viewsonic monitor was activated, Night light was deactivated for my other external monitor. Only after I explicitly configured Night light for the Viewsonic did Night light behave properly.

On a separate note, when I plugin a USB device to the dock, power turns off to keyboard device also connected to the dock. This problem doesn't occur when both devices are connected directly to the laptop. Is this something you can help with?

Thanks!