View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #41
roadtest

I am new Mac user and just purchased this new MacBook Pro(2.9G I7 with 16GB DDR3 memory/dual graphics(Intel HD graphics 630 and Radeon 560). Laptop is connected to a USB3.0 dock station with two DVI ports.

After installing the latest macos update and reinstall DisplayLink driver 4.1.11. My two monitors are working fine. Then I disconnected laptop, work somewhere else for few hours, then came back, reconnect to the USB dock. Both monitors has no output. Reboot laptop doesn't make any difference. I have to uninstall the driver and reinstall it. From what I can see after driver installation, all three monitors(two external monitors and one built one) are using Intel HD graphics 630 card. After I disconnect/reconnect the USB dock, it reports Radeon 560 is being used, as a result, all output to the two external monitors. Other than reinstalling the driver, I haven't figured out way to choose graphic card.

I did try to reload the DisplayLink driver without reinstallation. The "kextunload/kextload" complains there already has one instance using the driver and doesn't allow me to unload driver from cli, which is strange behavior.

Last edited by roadtest; 02-13-2018 at 12:38 AM.
roadtest is offline   Reply With Quote