View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
wojtow

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
What happens if your machine goes to sleep or you try to undock and then redock? Do you get all screens back automatically?
Drat! I was so happy to have it back I used it non-stop yesterday. This morning I see though that it does have problems with both undock/redock and sleep.

Undock/redock: Seems to forgot the previous display settings and randomly assign screen positions and the desktop backgrounds that I had set. Can reproduce with differing results each time.

Sleep: On my one attempt to sleep while docked, it would not wake up (or if it did, all the screens, including the built-in display were black and unresponsive). Had to force power off and restart. As this corrupted one of my application's data, I'm reluctant to try to reproduce. Has no problem sleeping/waking if undocked first.

Also... I just noticed that yesterday I had menu bars on all three displays (per the new feature in 10.9 to do that). Today, it is back to the menubar on the primary display only.

So, I guess there are still serious issues. At the moment, I'm so happy to have the productivity of my big screens back, I'm willing to work around the issues by resetting the display locations each day, and being careful to undock before sleeping. Have had it set to not sleep while plugged into power anyway.

Thank you for the developers for working on this issue and good luck dealing with Apple.

Last edited by wojtow; 12-20-2013 at 06:37 PM.
wojtow is offline   Reply With Quote