View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
The plot thickens.

After the last DisplayLink power cycle using the 2.4 driver mentioned above, I uninstalled the 2.4 driver, restarted, installed the 2.5 driver, restarted again, and began using the monitor as normal.

It's just crashed again, but this time it hasn't come back up. My DisplayLink connected monitor just appears to be powered off. The red power indicator on the Diamond USB adapter didn't come back on until I manually unplugged the USB cable and plugged it back in, at which point my DisplayLink monitor turned back on.

Crash report attached yet again.
Hi BryGuy,

There seem to be no device connected in the latest logs. The previous logs show the device becoming suddenly unreachable. This and the issue description seem to point to a hardware issue.
The usual things to check in this case are:
- Power: check that the DisplayLink device has enough power to operate - connecting to an externally powered USB hub with nothing else connected is a good check (a USB2 hub would do)
- Cables: a new, short cable would rule this problem out
- If these checks fail, I'm afraid the device is probably not working correctly and you'd have to contact the manufacturer if still in warranty

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote