View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
TCNHMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello TCNHMT and welcome,

This post has been moved to a new thread as everyone else's feedback is that the OS has fixed the issue, with the issue described here being different symptoms from what is being discussed in the intial thread.

Would you please give details about what you're using on what?
If you could post the data from our support tool, that would also help me asking fewer questions. Just run the tool when everything is connected and should work but doesn't.
The most useful bit of information to start with before even using the tool would be to tell me details of the adapter you are using and the monitor, as the behaviour you are reporting is new (brand, model).

10.14.2 Beta 1 has the fix for black screens with mouse cursor only. As the issue was intermittent, it might have sometimes worked for one or two people on previous versions but olders OS builds are not fixed.
Because you are not seeing the mouse cursor as the screen says no signal, that tells me something else is taking place here.

Kind regards,
Alban
Hi Alban!

My Macbook Pro 2018 (just purchased a month ago), is connected to a IOGEAR USB-C Docking Station, model GUD3C02. The mac is connect to this docking station and the dociking station comes with an HDMI adapter as well as mini dsiplay port. My External monitor, HP 27er, I have connected using both ports on the dock. Prior to the Mojave update, all was working as expected and I was using the HDMI cable. I have tried every resolution I have found online, but have been unsuccessful. When I unplug either display cable from the dock, wait 10 seconds, and then plug one in, the screen goes black for about 12 seconds and then the Input Signal Not found, Check the video cable and video source error appears. The monitor has 2 HDMI inputs; I have tested both and no changes. I have made sure that the input settings within the monitor are selecting the correct input as well.
TCNHMT is offline   Reply With Quote