View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
axel_f

Unhappy Windows 8 issues - USB display adapter

Dear community...

Since I bought Windows 7 I have been using this wonderful device:

http://www.technaxx.de/details/37/UG...1080P_Full_HD/

With Windows 7 this thing has worked flawlessly: In addition to my notebook display I was able to use one more display (external via VGA) and one via USB (VGA).

With Windows 8 the USB video adapter has stopped working. At first I thought it could be a driver problem, but this is not the case: All drivers have been installed without errors, as you can see from the image in the attachment.

(BTW: It looks the same in Win7... in Win7 as well as Win8 I am using the driver for the "Displaylink Display Adapter (0198)", the driver for Win8 was specifically downloaded from the Displaylink page.)

In Windows 7 I can choose from all three different displays, in Windows 8 only my Notebook display and the attached VGA display are recognized. The Displaylink software in its most recent version is installed, but the tray icon is not showing (I have no clue, why! As you can see, the drivers are installed!)... The knowledgebase is not really helping, as I tried most of the solutions there that seem in any way connected to my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: png deviceman.png (5.3 KB, 239 views)
axel_f is offline   Reply With Quote