View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
ecDT

Default Driver Installer Crashing Immediately After Launching

NOTE: This issue has been solved. Please read further to find the solution if you are experiencing the same issue

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the DisplayLink drivers to install on my computer - an HP Pavilion 23 all in one PC running Windows 8.1. After launching the installer, I get the UAC permissions pop-up, press yes, and a window showing a progress bar opens and closes almost instantaneously - and that's it. The DisplayLink software does not show up in the program listing or services window.

I've tried a couple of the standard things to get it install properly, but none of them have worked; this includes rebooting, running as administrator, Windows 7 compatibility, disabling antivirus, safe mode (this gave an error regarding graphics card drivers that I believe may just be a limitation of safe mode). I've ran the cleaner utility for the hell of it, though I rightly didn't anticipate that working due to DisplayLink never having been installed before. I don't believe any software associated with Fresco, SMSC, or MCT is installed on the computer.

At this point, I'm completely out of ideas and I've exhausted everything I can find through FAQs and Google - can anyone here help out?

Last edited by ecDT; 01-22-2015 at 04:02 PM.
ecDT is offline   Reply With Quote