View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
aweedman

Default External monitor not recognised

Quote:
Originally Posted by McA View Post
Hello DisplayLink Support,
I am running Win10 build 10041 here with a Displaylink device as secondary monitor, and everything was hunky-dory with DisplayLink driver 7.8.5999.x. But yesterday got via Windows Update your latest version 7.8.61611.0 and all hell broke loose. The driver will try to initiate, crash out, re-initiate, then crash out. Continuous loop thus. Screens flashing all the time.
I am suspecting this version is having issues with my main AMD video card. I have collected the support file and attached. I hope this can help you diagnose the issue. In the meantime, could please help direct me to where I can download the former version 7.8.5999.x. Thanks already.
Hi. I just thought I'd try out Windows 10 and Displaylink installed as 7.8.61611.0 (same as previous message) and I can confirm that it is not recognizing my external monitor. Interestingly, when I go into my Programs and Features, I have DisplayLink Core Software as the mentioned version, and DisplayLink Graphics on version 7.7.60373.0. Is this correct?