View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #51
jnl

Default All screens go blank once USB-DVI plugged in

Add me to the list of High Sierra users with the same or similar problem.Before High Sierra all was fine for a year or two with 4 screens counting the DVI-USB one. Now problems since I began running High Sierra on 21.5 inch iMac. Before High Sierra and I had 4 screens working. In addition to the USB3-DVI screen, the other 3 working screens were the built-in iMac had one connected by HDMI from my Thunderbolt extender and another screen connected by Thunderbolt from the iMac itself. I was able to install newest 4.0.0 extension (85514) without security problem. When the USB-DVI adapter is plugged in all 4 screens are blank, and when I unplug the adapter, then the other 3 screens are working again.

Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Last Modified: 10/27/17, 11:39 AM
Bundle ID: com.displaylink.driver.DisplayLinkDriver
Loaded: Yes
Get Info String: DisplayLink Driver 4.0.0 (85514) - Copyright © 2003 - 2017 DisplayLink (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved.
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Load Address: 18446743521819300000
Loadable: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Developer ID Application: DisplayLink Corp (73YQY62QM3), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

I am experiencing a similar problem; you are not alone. For 2 years I have run 2 DisplayLink adaptors each driving a display without major issues while connected to a 27" iMac 5k. The machine is also connected to two external displays driven directly by the iMac. After updating to 10.13, evening running the latest driver, the machine is experiencing similar issues.

If I connect either of the two adaptors I regularly use, the iMac's built-in display and the additional two displays being driven by DisplayPort from the built-in ThunderBolt ports immediately blank. As soon as zero adaptors are connected, the built-in display and Display Port driven displays come back to life, but are at the login screen. If I log in and plug either device back into any USB port, immediate blank screens and back to the login screen once disconnecting the device.[/QUOTE]
jnl is offline   Reply With Quote