View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 04:22 AM   #564
krw1243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbowater View Post
OK, so not entirely smooth, but am back up and running.

The uninstaller that comes with 4.3 failed to uninstall itself, but by running the 5.0 uninstaller, that worked, so after multiple reboots, and a successful 5.0 installation, I have two monitors back up and running on my MacBook Air mid-2012. Prior to being able to clean things properly( but with 5.0 installed), I had the black screens, with just a mouse pointer and thought I was in a right pickle...

Performance is better, much, much better, the mouse no longer skips across the screen like it did when running 3D stuff in the browser (e.g. https://www.raf.mod.uk/aircraft/lightning/ ) . Previously it would slow down even if I de-focused the browser tab, or hid it behind another tab, now, I do still get a slow down, but nothing like before.

Checking activity monitor, when viewing the above page the DisplayLink drivers are hogging between 75 and 132% of CPU. I really don't think it should be doing that if I am honest with you.

So, at the moment, many, many steps forward (and a lot less cables) so definitely a win, but looking forward to 5.1 for sure.

For those with blank screens, try the proper cleaning routine and see what happens, nothing to lose but some time.

Thanks to the DL team.
Yay! You are my hero! I was having the black screen with just a mouse cursor on my early 2015 macbook air, and using the 5.0 uninstaller and reinstalling 5.0 fixed me! I would not have likely thought to try this if it was not for your post.
krw1243 is offline   Reply With Quote