View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #10
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.M1 View Post
Hello, first post, so please pardon any errors. I am having a very similar problem.
Im running 11.5.1 on an M1 MBP, 16gb ram. I have a Dell D6000 hub and 2 x 32" LG Ultrafine 4 k monitors. I am using Display port to HDMI cables (good quality) for each monitor. I have the latest (1.4) DisplayLink software installed.
I have 2 issues.

1) After rebooting, the displays do not come on. I have to open the laptop, DisplayLink says no monitor detected, pull out the the docks USB C cable from the laptop and reinsert. Then the monitors come right up and DisplayLink says monitor detected. I close the laptop and the monitors stay on.

2) Both my monitors are 4k resolution but when I set them up, all I can get is 4k low res in the settings. When I select "default for monitor" (which should be 4k) I get 1920 res for both. If I select scaled, I can select 4k LOW RES. Then when I go to About this Mac, displays, it says both monitors are at 1920x1080, even with 4K Low Res selected?

I am completely new to the 2 monitor scene, all the info I have found so far has been in this Forum.

Would love to hear if anyone out there has any ideas? I am going to try running one USB C monitor cable from the laptop to monitor 1 and the Displayport/HDMI cable from the dock, to the 2nd monitor with the cable mentioned and see if I can at least get the resolution I paid for.

Thanks!
Hello,
Could you please contact tech support about 1) and mention I sent you?
Here is how: https://support.displaylink.com/know...rticles/755301

For 2), there are some challenges on M1 but we have reported this and it is being worked on.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote