Thread: 2.5 beta 2
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #18
falcom

Default High CPU and random screen freezes with 2.5b2

After periodic OS lockups when waking screens I've updated from 2.4 to 2.5b2 after uninstalling 2.4. Now that I'm on 2.5b2 I'm seeing that the DisplayLinkManager always consumes 40% CPU. Additionally each time I reboot, the DL screen is frozen on the login window and this persists even after login, I can then unfreeze it by temporarily reconfiguring which of my three screens is the "main display". After that I periodically get into a state where the DL screen freezes again though the mouse pointer can still move around, nothing else is being updated. While frozen the CPU returns to normal at least Changing which display is the main display again temporarily resolves this frozen state. Looks like I'll be downgrading back to 2.4 as the wake from sleep lockups are far easier to manage then the issues I'm seeing with 2.5b2.

One final issue which I've been seeing on 2.4 even pre El Cap is that the DL audio will randomly unmute itself if I have it on mute, this may occur every 5-10 minutes as if the audio adapter is being reset, same thing happens if I unplug/replug USB for instance. I haven't been on 2.5b2 long enough to know if I've got the same issue there or not.

I'm running El Capitan on a 13" early 2015 rMBP i7 with 16GB. I'm using the Dell D3100 attached over USB3 to a single 1920x1080 monitor as well as ethernet and audio and a Time Machine backup drive. I also have two 4K monitors attached directly to the Mac.

I've just attached a "spin dump" of the DisplayLinkManager while it is consuming the 40% CPU

thanks,

mark
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spindump.zip (1.33 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by falcom; 10-13-2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: attachment
falcom is offline   Reply With Quote