View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
shaun123

Angry Linux driver not working after upgrade to 15.10

Hello all,

I was previously using ubuntu 15.04, with which the provided linux DisplayLink driver worked flawlessly. However after upgrading to 15.10, I have had major issues due to the kernel being upgraded to 4.2.0-16-generic. The driver installs, but it is so buggy the displaylink has become almost unusable. I am unable to rearrange screens without the desktop crashing and returning to the login screen. If I want to switch a monitor off, or even on, it is a chore, with me having to reassign the primary monitor over and over again, and switching the monitors on and off until the desktop stops crashing.

The most irritating thing is that even if I can get the arrangement working, upon restart I have to go through the same painstaking chore to get the setup I want working again.

Effectively the DisplayLink now does the opposite of what I bought it to do - make working from home easier with my laptop.

Does anybody know if they will be releasing a driver in the near future that is fully compatible with the 4.2.0 kernel? If not, does anybody have any alternative product suggestions for screen-share devices like displaylink that work with linux?

Thanks!
shaun123 is offline   Reply With Quote